Monday, August 3, 2009

The Haunting of Beatrice



"Beatrice knew that whenever she saw the butterflies, the ghost of her mother, a dethroned princess who became a seamstress, was soon to visit her."

This collage took me a while to finish. It started off as a black and white collage, but it just didn't seem finished to me. Then I decided to make the whole collage a contact paper transfer which I placed over decorative paper with some paper butterflies trapped inside. The whole thing came out rather Gothic looking so I wrote the mini ghost story to go with it.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! And isn't it amazing when we start with one idea, see that it isn't going to be "complete" when we reach that initial stage and figure out what's next to make it complete? It all works for me!

    ReplyDelete