Sunday, June 14, 2009

Adventures at Dick Blick



I don't know why it took me so long to figure out there was a Dick Blick store in my area. It wasn't until I ordered online some Sakura pens for doodling, and I checked out their website listed on the packaging. Then I followed the retail store locator link from their website. Duh!

Anyway, I visited the store on Saturday and it is awesome. I have never seen so many colored pencils and pens in my entire life. I was totally overwhelmed. I didn't even know where to start. There was a woman in front of the pens next to me and she was trying every single color of Pigma Micron on a journal page. She ended up buying around $200.00 of art supplies.

I totally felt like a spaz next to her picking out my slim handful of black pens and some gelly rolls, but I had to start somewhere. I also found some great handmade collage paper and some Origami paper. Plus they had an $30.00 art book about painting on sale for $8.00, so I grabbed that too!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh lucky you! I have a Michaels that's relatively close, but no Blicks'. I always have to order on line. Ahhhh, talk about kid in a candy store :)

    ReplyDelete