Saturday, March 7, 2009

Paper Dolls




I don't remember being interested in playing with paper dolls as a child, but then again I was pretty limited with my Barbie play as well. It wasn't until I was an adult that I discovered how awesome Barbie could be, and now I'm feeling that same way about paper dolls.

I like the idea of trying to create a character with a paper doll, whether it's what I call a Magazini, a paper doll made from found magazine images, or a fairy paper doll.

Recently, I've found two great books on paper doll making. One is called Beyond Paper Dolls: Expressive Paper Personas Crafted with Innovative Techniques and Art Mediums by Lynne Perrella.

The other is called Artful Paper Dolls: New Ways to Play with a Traditional Form by Terry Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment